Osampo Bag / Small Industrial Wool Felt Bag
- Small hand bag /pouch / wristlet / purse, to carry minimum things that you need: a wallet, a mobile phone, keys, to go for a short trip
- Stands itself when the bottom is unfolded
- The body (not including the handle) size: height 7.5" x width 7.9" (19cm x 20cm)
- The handle is enough big to be looped through the arm, but not to be hooked on one's shoulder
"Osampo" means walk and stroll in Japanese. As a second bag for a trip, for a lunch break at work, for walking your dog, put in just what you need and go!
****The design story:
When I'm back in Japan at my parents' home for holidays, we buy tour packages and go traveling together. Often times we travel by a chartered bus, and take a rest on the way to our destination. You can get out of the bus to see souvenir shops or to a rest room during the break. You don't need to take your big backpack or travel bag for this short break, but you may want to take such as your wallet, camera and mobile phone, minimum things that you need. I wondered if I could make a small bag for this kind of situations, and the Osampo bag was born.
****Specifications of design and materials:
- Osampo Bag is made of 3mm-thick 100% wool *industrial felt.
- The felt is made and imported from Germany.
- The bottom can be unfolded making more space up to depth 3.9" (10cm).
- The length of the handle loop is about 4.35" (22cm).
- Weight: 0.4 lbs (0.2kg).
****How it's made:
- Osampo Bag is made of 2 parts of felt, body and bottom, and sewn by industrial sewing machine firmly.
- Designing was done by me, and cutting and sewing works are done by Maarit of Meb-design in Rovaniemi, Finland.
Paper tag is put around the bag. I will send this item in a postal paper bag.
Spot clean only. Not machine washable. (The felt will shrink and you'll have a smaller bag.)
****Industrial wool felt:
Industrial wool felt is a non-woven cloth that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing woolen fibers by machines under high temperature and pressure. The surface is smooth, soft and comfortable, and the structure is dense and strong. Wool felt is an eco-friendly, biodegradable, natural material.