Updated Aug 18, 2019
Aika Felt Works
Business ID: 1998194-5
Jokiväylä 36 A7
COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
Submitted personal data
Personal data submitted by the customer or user of online services to Aika Felt Works at various times, such as during a product order or registration to an online service, may include the following:
- basic data, such as name and contact information
- ordering and billing data, such as information about the payer of the order, its recipient and their e-mail address and phone number
- customer service data, such as customer feedback and communication with customer service
- permit data, such as information about marketing permits or other permits and prohibitions related to the use of personal data
- data about responses to studies, surveys or contests conducted by Aika Felt Works
- phone data, such as customer service calls
- Data collected from online service use
Data collected from the use of online services may include:
- collected data about the device or application used, such as browser version, device type or display size
- data about online service use, such as information about pages loaded, time spent at online services, navigation in online services or advertising or marketing content viewed
- data about web pages opened through customer communication
- location data by country based on IP address
- data collected by social plugins or other third parties.
- A user of online services can be identified through a digital identifier created in the services when the customer signs in or arrives at the online service through targeted customer communication.
Derived and combined data
In order to serve its customers and online service users better, Aika Felt Works refines collected personal data by analyzing it using various statistical methods and by combining data collected from different sources.
Using the aforementioned methods, it is possible to make assumptions about things such as interests, gender, age group, purchasing behavior or other similar characteristics. These assumptions are based on the submitted or collected data mentioned in the previous paragraph. In order to ensure consumers' privacy, Aika Felt Works shall not make assumptions about information that is considered sensitive.
Aika Felt Works secures the privacy of its customers or users of online services by exercising special care when carrying out the derivation and combination of data described above, so that the privacy of customers or users of online services is not compromised.
PERSONAL DATA PURPOSES OF USE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Aika Felt Works collects personal data for the maintenance of customer relationships, development of products and services and commercial purposes.
Maintenance of customer relationships
Aika Felt Works uses customers' personal data for various activities necessary for maintaining a customer relationship, including:
- delivering ordered products
- maintenance of a customer relationship or customer communication
- customer service or other customer support
- competitions or draws for prizes.
Processing of personal data for maintaining a customer relationship is based on an agreement between Aika Felt Works and the customer about the delivery of a product or service, or another action that leads to the formation of a customer relationship.
The customer can influence the processing of personal data for maintaining a customer relationship by contacting customer service.
Development of products and services
Aika Felt Works uses the data of customers or users of online services for the development of products or services and for improving the quality and selection of services. Actions for improving products or services may include product or content recommendations or personalization of services.
Products and services are also developed by utilizing surveys and feedback. The more specific uses and storage of data collected in studies and surveys shall be described separately in the study or survey.
The processing of personal data for developing products and services is based on Aika Felt Works’ legitimate interests in utilizing data for the benefit of its customers and users of its online services.
A user of online services can influence the use of data for developing products and services through cookie settings.
Aika Felt Works may use the data of customers or users of online services for marketing, advertising or other commercial activities. Data may be utilized in things like targeting advertising, direct marketing or displaying advertisements on third-party platforms.
For direct marketing, the processing of data for commercial purposes is based on the customer's consent. For other advertising and products, the processing of personal data is based on Aika Felt Works’ legitimate interests.
SHARING AND HANDING OVER PERSONAL DATA
Aika Felt Works utilizes personal data for implementing the purposes described above in paragraph 3. In addition, Aika Felt Works may use third-party services, in which case Aika Felt Works shall ensure the lawful processing of data through contractual arrangements and instruct third parties on processing data.
Aika Felt Works may share or hand over personal data to third parties in situations including the following:
- When applicable legislation mandates handing over personal data. Handing over personal data may be necessary, for example, at the request of authorities or for carrying out a judicial process.
- For a marketing action, survey or delivery of materials. Such service providers always work for Aika Felt Works and under the supervision of Aika Felt Works. Aika Felt Works shall never sell or hand over personal data to third parties for marketing in a way that would allow third parties to use the personal data for independent marketing.
- Aika Felt Works may hand over personal data to third parties if it is necessary for guaranteeing the rights or safety of Aika Felt Works and the customer or user, investigating fraud or responding to queries from authorities.
Transferring personal data outside the EU/EEA
As a rule, Aika Felt Works shall not transfer or process data outside the European Union or European Economic Area. If data is exceptionally moved outside the EU/EEA, an adequate level of protection for personal data shall be ensured in accordance with applicable legislation.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
Aika Felt Works stores personal data as long as is necessary for implementing the purposes defined in paragraph 3. However, valid legislation, such as accounting laws or other exigent legislation, may require the storage of personal data even after the purpose of processing has expired. In such situations, storage times defined in applicable legislation shall apply.
AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS AND WAYS OF INFLUENCING THE PROCESSING
Aika Felt Works is committed to protecting the privacy of customers and users of online services and their rights defined in data protection legislation. Listed below are the customers' most important rights and ways of influencing the processing of personal data:
- The customer has a right to inspect their own personal data and to demand the correction of erroneous information.
- The customer has a right to request the deletion of their personal data to the extent that other legislation allows it.
- The customer has a right to transfer certain personal data about themselves to another keeper of a register.
- The customer has a right to deny direct marketing or oppose the processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. In addition, the customer may influence the channels in which direct marketing takes place.
For requests related to the abovementioned rights, you may contact Aika Felt Works customer service.
Aika Felt Works takes appropriate information security measures to ensure the secure processing of personal data. Personal data is protected from loss, destruction, abuse, unauthorized access and transfer. Secure processing is ensured by means such as restricting access to the data and ensuring that sub-contractors are using personal data in accordance with instructions and agreements.
Updated May 25, 2018
Aika Felt Works Webshop online services utilize cookies for the development of services, personalization of the general user experience and for targeting advertising and marketing.
Cookies allow the storage of short textual information, such as a browser identifier or choice of language, into the user's browser. For the sake of simplicity, the term "cookie" is used in this policy to refer to other similar technologies in addition to actual cookies.
Cookies can be classified as persistent cookies or session cookies. The cookies used in Aika Felt Works Webshop online services are primarily persistent, meaning they remain available even if the user has visited other sites or closed the browser. Session cookies are available to online services only as long as the user stays in said online service. Persistent cookies enable a better user experience and displaying more relevant contents. The persistence of cookies has no effect on the volume of marketing or advertising.
Data collected through cookies
Functional cookies are necessary for the functionality of services. These cookies allow various site features, such as signing in, the shopping cart and language selection.
Along with cookies, we use IP address-based country-specific location data for things like improving information security and country-specific features. Location data is always utilized only on a country level. Country-specific location data is necessary for the functionality of the service.
Aika Felt Works Webshop utilizes social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram for targeting marketing and advertising. A user can influence the targeting of advertising by social media through the privacy and advertising settings of said services.
Data collected by third parties
Aika Felt Works Webshop online services utilize some third-party tools and social media-related add-ons, such as the Like and Share buttons of Facebook and Instagram. These third-party add-ons may collect data about the users of online services for purposes such as recommending content or tracking the number of visitors. The use of such services is subject to each service provider's terms, which may be checked at said service. Aika Felt Works Webshop accepts no responsibility for the collection or processing of personal data by third parties.