Nothing beats a homemade lunch or snack, and now you can carry it in style in this 100% wool felt lunch bag with water-resistant inner bag!
- Wool felt lunch bag with removable, waterproof, machine washable inner bag
- Wool's high insulation performance keeps your food cold / hot for long time
- Flat on the bottom to keep food upright
- can hold a lunch box and a 500ml pet bottle / thermos
- 2 inner pockets can organaize your small articles like a smartphone, a card or coin case and keys
- smooth zipper closure
- The body size: height 9", bottom 9.4" x 6.3", width 14.2", handle loop 11.4"
(height 23cm, bottom 24cm x 16,5cm, width 36cm, handle loop 29cm)
- The handle is in oatmeal colour, and it is enough big to be looped through the arm, but not to be hooked on one's shoulder
- The bottom is in natural dark gray / charcoal gray
- Total weight: 0.75 lbs (0.34kg).
** This listing is for 1 Lunch Bag.
****The design story:
In Japanese cuisine, we have a style of food called bento, which is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal. A traditional bento holds rice, fish or meat, with pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container.
Some years ago, one of my Japanese friends suggested me to design a lunch bag using wool felt, because of the wool's high insulating quality. She said that due to the long-lasting bad economy and the stream of concerning about health, people in Japan have been enjoying cooking at home, and home-packed bento lunch has been booming even among businessmen. That was the trigger of designing a lunch bag. Read my trial-and-error prototyping story on my blog.
****Specifications of materials and care instruction:
>>The body of the lunch bag:
- made of 3mm-thick 100% wool *industrial felt produced in Germany by hydroelectric power
- Spot clean only. Not machine washable. (The felt will shrink and you'll have a smaller bag.)
- Zipper is biodegradable (except for the metal parts).
>>The Inner bag
- made of PVC coated cotton.
- water-resistant, removable, machine washable under 40°C.
- textile design: "Coronna" by Aini Vaari for Finlayson in 1958.
- This bag will be shipped in a postal paper bag.
- Economy shipping DOES NOT INCLUDE tracking service.
- Priority shipping INCLUDES tracking service.
All items from Aika Felt Works are carefully packaged in new materials.
Free gift-wrapping is available.
*Industrial wool felt
Industrial wool felt is a non-woven cloth that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing woolen fibers by machines. The surface is smooth, soft and comfortable, and the structure is dense and strong. Wool felt is an eco-friendly, biodegradable, natural material.