Light Grey Wool Felt Handbag / Bird Felt Bag / Felt Shoulder Bag
This bird silhouetted bag is one of collaboration works with Japanese illustrator, Toshiyuki Fukuda.
- The body (not including the handle) size:
height 16" x width 13" x gusset 4-1/2"
(40.5cm x 33cm x 11.5cm)
- The genuine leather handle is enough to be hooked on one's shoulder
- Made of beautiful light grey felt
- The "eyes" are wood buttons
- 2 outer pockets
- Magnetic closure attached
****The design story
One winter Toshiyuki visited my studio in Rovaniemi for writing his book and we hit it off well each other to start making new products.
Toshiyuki had a bird theme since the beginning and I tried to simplify, abstract, and make it practical as a felt bag. Working with him was very inspiring as I had never imagined to employ such KAWAII theme... a bird! It wouldn't come out from me alone :).
****Specifications of design and materials:
- Made of 3mm-thick 100% wool *industrial felt from Italy.
- The leather handle: length 15-1/2" x width 3/4" (39cm x 2cm) .
- Weight: 0.77 lbs (0.35kg).
All items from Aika Felt Works are carefully packaged in new materials. This item is paper wrapped and shipped in a cardboard box.
Spot clean only. Not machine washable. (The felt will shrink and you'll have a smaller bag.)
*Industrial wool felt
Industrial wool felt is a non-woven cloth that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing woolen fibers by machines. The surface is smooth, soft and comfortable, and the structure is dense and strong. Wool felt is an eco-friendly, biodegradable, natural material.