Bird Knitting Bag in Light Brown / Felt Bags / Top handle bag / Hand Bag for Women
This bag is one of collaboration works with Japanese illustrator, Toshiyuki Fukuda.
- Eye-catching, lovely bird-shaped felt bag
- Spacious enough to hold your latest knitting and crochet project
- Flat bottom allowing to sit upright
- Wing-shaped 2 outer pockets for organising tools
- Made of light-weight but also sturdy 3mm-thick 100% wool felt
☆The design story☆
Toshiyuki visited my studio in Rovaniemi in 2015 for writing his book and we hit it off well each other to start making new products.
Toshiyuki had the bird theme since the beginning and I tried to simplify, abstract, and make it practical as a felt bag. Working with him was very inspiring, as I had never imagined employing such KAWAII theme... a bird! It wouldn't have come out from me alone :).
I made 3 prototypes and we went on with #2 and #3 for completing as products. I turned down prototype #1 because of its complexity of production process, but I put it in my shelf and kept thinking of improving it.
A year had past. And 2 years had past. Then finally, I got an idea to develop a knitting bag from this prototype #1, with my enthusiasm for knitting. I am following amazing knitters on Instagram, and they work on a knitting project in a café, on an airplane, outdoor, almost anywhere! Knitting is a rare craft that can be carried around, right? I designed this bag with thinking of you enjoying knitting beside this bag indoor and outdoor, too.
☆Specifications of design and materials☆
- Made of 3mm-thick 100% wool industrial felt from Germany.
- The "eyes" are wood buttons
- Measurements: W18.11" x D8.27" x H10.83" / W46cm x D21cm x H27.5cm (excluding handles).
- Weight: 0.79 lbs / 0.36kg.
☆Shipping out in 1-3 business days☆
All items from Aika Felt Works are carefully packaged in new materials.
This item is paper wrapped and shipped in a cardboard box.
Spot clean only. Not machine washable. (The felt will shrink and you'll have a smaller bag.)
☆Industrial wool felt☆
Industrial wool felt is a non-woven cloth that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing woolen fibers by machines. The surface is smooth, soft and comfortable, and the structure is dense and strong. Wool felt is an eco-friendly, biodegradable, natural material.